Started at UNSW: January 2017
Main responsibilities with UNSW Sport:
- Leading the Pathways for Elite Athletes through partnership engagement with sporting organisations, schools and community outreach,
- Leading the UNSW Sport Scholarship Program,
- Establishing and connecting sporting educational experiences within the University.
- Partnership Engagement
- Student Engagement
- Strategic Development and Alignment
I am passionate about and possess experiences in establishing and delivering transformational experiences through Sport, Education, Student Engagement and Social Impact. This is achieved through strong partnership engagement.
One of my proudest programs was establishing and leading a Cultural Experience Program to Cambodia for five years.
With students studying their physical education teaching degree, they were provided the invaluable experience of delivering sport programs (including PE, swim lessons, first aid and sports gala events) in the impoverished community of Stung Meanchey, gaining unique insight into the positive impact that their skills could contribute to a disadvantaged community.
Most enjoyable part of working for UNSW Sport:
• Engaging with incredible young individuals that excel both academically and, in their sport.
• Collaborating with our sporting partners to contribute to a positive student experience.
Hobbies outside of sport: Spending time at the beach with my family.
- Jim Walmsley - ultramarathon runner
Favourite teams: Randwick Rugby, NSW Waratahs, Australian Rugby.
Sporting predictions for 2022:
Australia to top the medal tally at the Commonwealth Games, in Birmingham.
Something you don’t know about me: I've previously completed 100km running events.